From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I view spectrum analyzer (HP 8562A) output on LV signalExpress

Hello guys ..

Just wondering if I can get my graphs from spectrum analyzer on LV SignalExpress? Is there a special driver I should download?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,888 Views)

Hi,

You can view your data from the HP 8562A in LabVIEW SignalExpress by creating a user-defined step.  This applies to any instrument not supported by the native SignalExpress steps.  To do this, you need to follow the Creating SignalExpress Plug-ins with LabVIEW DevZone.

On a side note, National Instruments has developed some plug-ins, such that a few 3rd party instruments can be controlled through SignalExpress.  The plug-ins can be found on this KnowledgeBase.  Unfortunately, the HP 8562A is not one of the instruments on this list, nor could I locate a supported driver for the HP 8562A on ni.com/idnet.  To communicate with your device, you could use low-level VISA commands or utilize the Instrument Driver Development Wizard.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Sara Lewandroski
Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,858 Views)