From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAR 378576 bug needs to be addressed.

A while back I posted a bug where if you move a channel's location up or down in the signal order list it breaks the association to the channels physical location in hardware. More can be read in THIS THREAD 10th message down. A CAR has been created to track the issue but as of Signal Express 2015 the issue still exists.

I just created a complex test setup involving 15 unique channels. Phase 2 of the test required me to remove 4 of 8 analog channels from the list (ai1-4). I then moved ai5-8 to the 1-4 position and the physical hardware/channel name association has broken.

See attached screenshot for clarity but you'll see, at the bottom of the channel list table is ai1-ai4. These were the 4 channels moved up from the ai5-ai8 position. You'll notice the channel names have changed but the signal association is broken. Across the table from ai1-4 are zeros, then 4 rows down are the live signals with no channel name associated to them. Those signals belong to ai1-4 but I have no way of displaying them in a graph because the physical channel is reading zero.
I cannont get these channels back in order for the life of me and i fear I will need to rebuild this project file which as you can see will be a HUGE chore.

What's the status on this CAR?
This issue definitely needs attention.

Thanks.

SCXI- 1000 Chassis w/ 1346 adapter
PCI 6281 DAQ card
SCXI- 1520 Bridge Board w/ 1314 Terminal Block (x2)
SCXI- 1180 Feedthrough Panel w/ 1302 Block
Signal Express 2014.
Win7 Enterprise
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,088 Views)
Hi there,

The CAR you are asking about has been properly prioritized by R&D based on the severity. If you have any additional information that you'd like added to the CAR, I would be happy to add that in, though.
Mathew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,045 Views)