SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept data only if the user wants to

Hello,

I am trying to acquire impact hammer data for modal analysis using NI cRIO USB 9233 and Sound and Vibration Assistant. I am trying to average the data over 15 hits and I want to look at the current hit, its coherence and FRF and only then select it for futher processing. Can I set a condition or loop where the next acquisition os started only after looking at the previous hit and reading.

I want to accept only good hits and data to average. I tried conditional repeat but that did not work.. Is there a way to set this capability in Sound and Vibration assistant.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,927 Views)

Hello StuMtu,

Thanks for your post!

I see that you are wanting to basically do a conditional repeat but that the function for that is not exactly what you need. You can always just run the program once by hitting Ctrl + Shift + R and then again the next time you want to run your program.  There are of course some limitations of using the Sound and Vibration Assistant because it does not have a direct programing environment, like LabVIEW for instance. So if the conditional repeat does not work then you could call a function from LabVIEW directly that increases your functionality. Take a look at the following link that talks about how to do this:

VI Guidelines for User Defined Steps In SignalExpress

Let us know if this helps

Cheers!

Corby_B

http://www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,907 Views)

Hello StuMtu,

You should be able to use a Sequence inside the execution loop. On the step setup page for the Sequence, select "Display message at each iteration".  This will cause a dialog to be displayed on each iteration when the Sequence is encountered, you can then choose to continue, continue to next iteration (skipping remaining steps), or stop execution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,893 Views)

You should be able to use a Sequence inside the execution loop. On the step setup page for the Sequence, select "Display message at each iteration".  This will cause a dialog to be displayed on each iteration when the Sequence is encountered, you can then choose to continue, continue to next iteration (skipping remaining steps), or stop execution.

I did not undestand completely what you want me to do? I tried to look for sequence in the execution loop but its not showing up. I tried to put in a conditional repeat and that did not work either. I have attached the template I am using. If possible please have a look and tell me what am I doing wrong.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,886 Views)
Take a look at the attached example.  The Sequence step is available in the palette under Execution Control.  Place it where you want to have the user action.  You will need to enable the setting for "Display message at each iteration" in the Sequenct step setup.
Message 5 of 8
(6,870 Views)

Hello,

Jason that is actually a great idea. StuMtu, you can add a sequence step to the end of all your steps and configure it to display a message. When this message comes up you can create a snap shot of the data from that loop if you want or you can ignore it and go on to the next loop iteration. Let us know if this is what you were looking for and take a look at some screen shots below!

Cheers!

Corby_B

http://www.ni.com/support 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,869 Views)
Note that the Sequence step is new to SignalExpress 3.0.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,856 Views)

I could not find it as I was using Signal Express 2.5.1. I now have an upgraded version of signal express and I can follow the steps. If anything else comes up I will let you guys know

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,842 Views)