From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9235 & cable length

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All

I am planning to use 8xNI 9235 SG module in cDAQ-9172 chassis.

Can someone advice me

1. What is the max strain gauge cable length that can be supported. I have rough estimate that it can run upto around 100metres

2. If using with Signal Express 2.5 or 3.0, 1000samples/sec/channels would be achieveable

3. Whether the excitation voltage is software adjustable

Sinha

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,793 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sinha
  1. Longer cables lead to degraded signal gainThe maximum length of your cables will depend on the cables themselvesSee page 13 of the 9245 manual for a discussionNote that longer cables are also more susceptible to noiseEven if you can tolerate the gain loss, you may not be able to tolerate the noiseThis will depend on your cables, how well they are connected and shielded, and the amount of electrical noise in the area.
  2. 64 channels at 1kHz each should be possible with SignalExpress 2.5 or 3.0Version 3.0 should work better, since it had some large channel count enhancements over 2.5 (and we continued to improve for 3.5!).
  3. The excitation is a constant value (2.0V ± 1%).  It cannot be changed. See page 28 of the manual for excitation specifications.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,790 Views)