SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xBFFA0046 0xBFFC0006

Hello GKM,

My colleague Corné recently transfered from his Application Engineering role into a Field Sales Engineering role.

He asked me to check with you about the current status of the issue.

Can you tell me what the current status is of the issue and if I can help you with any specific things?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(2,819 Views)

Hello Thierry,

Thank you for taking over from Corné.

The error about the impossibility of setting the probe attenuation of the digital channels, presented to me by the tkdpo2k driver mentioned in the first post remains the same. There is no progress with the LabView project style driver, which was suggested as a possible sulotion by Corné, either.

Currently i use the data acquisition programme i wrote in C, in conjunction with the usbtmc driver on a POSIX compatible platform. According to the Tektronix programmer manual for the MSO2012B oscilloscope (which is available as pdf on their website), there is no option to set the probe attenuation. 

In my experience writing my own programme, the MSO2012B oscilloscope times out and will be unresponsive whenever a non existing or erroneous command is issued to the oscilloscope. Rebooting the oscilloscope and removing the error from the code fixed those issues.

My guess is that the NI drivers for the MSO2000B oscilloscopes contain code to control some Tektronix oscilloscope features unavailable on the MSO2000B series. My hypothesis is that when all the code for the nonexisting features on the MSO2000B oscilloscope is removed from the NI drivers or otherwise circumvented when using these models, it will work for the MSO2000B series too. 

Hopefully this information enables a fix for the NI VISA drivers for the MSO2000B series. Please let me know if you require more information.

Regards,

GKM.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(2,812 Views)

Hello GKM,

Thanks for your feedback!

Now that you have narrowed down what the issue is.

I think the best step would be to

- provide feedback through the bottom field on the Instrument Driver's page (http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=21667)

- or to send an e-mail to instrument.drivers@ni.com concerning the issues you encounter.

What I did see in the download page for the IVI-driver (http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=5BFA5CFFCCBB0986E0440003BA7CCD...) is that the B version of your scope is not mentioned in the "Models Tested" list.

Maybe this could be a reason for this specific error not being seen/handled cleanly in the IVI instrument driver.

In any case, their would be alot of value in providing feedback regarding this instrument driver through the channels mentioned above.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(2,806 Views)