Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triangle waveform

Hi sadhoobagh,

I'd take a look at how you have your Analog Out of your ELVIS and Digital I/O configured for your scope. What is your sampling rate for these to for each of the frequencies that you are testing. You want to make sure you are sampling at least twice your data frequency. 

Regards,

Travis Ann

Customer Education Product Marketing Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 45
(3,095 Views)

Hi Travis

The sine signal I used is at 50 Hz. The triangle signal is at 2000 Hz. I have done sampling for both signals at 20000 Hz. When I obtain the output at the analog channel of ELVIS, its frequency is 2000 Hz; same as theoretically expected. However if the output is obtained at the digital channel of ELVIS, its fequency is around 50 Hz instead of 2000 Hz.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 45
(3,088 Views)

Hi sadhoobagh,

Are you using Normal mode on the Elvis? The update rate of the digital output channel may not be fast enough to handle the 2kHz signal in this mode. Refer to this forum post for information on this: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Academic-Hardware-Products-NI/Fast-digital-writes-to-ELVIS-in-NORMAL-mode/m-...

Regards,

James D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 45
(3,064 Views)

Hi James

While coding, I didn't change the default mode of operation of ELVIS. So It must be operating in Normal mode. I will post back after changing the mode and observing the difference in result.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 45
(3,057 Views)

Hi James

I referred to the link you sent. I got to know that within the normal mode, we can output atmost a 1 KHz signal in the digital channel of ELVIS II. However I did not come across any material which elaborates on how to output higher frequencies. I will be very gratified if you could pin point a link.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Banerjee

Post Graduate Research Scholar

Deptt. of Electrical Engineering

MNNIT Allahabad India 

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 45
(3,040 Views)