From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound waves

Solved!
Go to solution

Would like to experiment using a signal generator to produce the key of A (440hz).  Want to hook the generator to a speaker and place a guitar top on the speaker and cover wood with salt or sand.  Then observe the vibration pattern of the sand particles.  I am a luthier and have no knowledge of electronics, requesting your help.

toptone

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,896 Views)

Why not use your soundcard with a PC box and one of theese many many soundcard generator software .... (Most home studio recording software also have these generators build in)

No Software and no hardware hacking involved 😞  😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,893 Views)

I have an imac desktop computer and it does not have a sound card slot.  Was thinking about my ipad with a sound generator app and then running it through a guitar amp.  Would this work?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,888 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author toptone

Thank you for giving me the idea!  I connected my ipad, with a sound generator app,  to a small bass amp presto! It worked.  Now I have to experiment with the frequencies do determine the best guitar resonance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,884 Views)