From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 5441 error

Hello,

our PXI 5441 reports an error when Start button in Test panel is pressed:

Error -200221 occurred at sourcesConfig.lvlib:DAQmx Write (Raw 1D I16).vi:1

Possible reason(s):

Amount of time allocated to perform this operation was exceeded.

Task Name: _unnamedTask<0>

5441 is used as part of pxi 5671. When Test panel for 5671 is started, a PLL lock error appears. Please see the attachment for the error.

However, self test of PXI 4441 reports no error and self calibration also passes well.

Our system is Windows XP, NI-RFSG 1.9 was installed. Is there another software/update I should try to install in order to make 5441 working?

Thank you

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,755 Views)

Dear Martin,

thanks for the detailed description, it helped me to partly reproduce the error message you experienced.

The attached error message (about the PLL lock) shows up to me, when I disconnect the cable between the 5610 Upconverter's TO AWG CLK IN terminal and the 5441's CLK IN terminal. Please make sure that you connected these 2 ports correctly, because it is vital for the RFSG.

Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce the other problem (DAQmx error -200221) with the 5441. Everything works fine on my system. Here is my configuration (relevant details):

Windows 7

NI-DAQmx 9.6.2

NI-RFSG 1.9

NI-FGEN 2.9.1

Could you please verify if you have the latest drivers installed? Another possibility to test the 5441 is to open one of the associated examples. For this open LabVIEW and under Help->Find Examples type in 5441. You will see all the examples using this AWG. I tried the Fgen Arb Script.vi and it worked fine.

I hope it will work for you too.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,724 Views)

Dear Adam,

thank you for your answer.

The cable between the 5610 Upconverter's TO AWG CLK IN terminal and the 5441's CLK IN terminal is connected and there is 10 MHz wave.

I installed latest NI-RFSG, NI-DAQmx and NI-FGEN.

I discovered that PXI 5441 (and 5671) works when PXI-5661 vector signal analyzer (which is also part of our system) is unmounted. PXI 5661 works all the time, there is no problem with it.

Our chassis is PXI-1042Q, controller PXI-8106, Windows XP. I attached image of software installed on our system.

Can you please advise how can we make PXI-5441 (and PXI-5671) working in our system together with PXI-5661?

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,694 Views)

Dear Martin,

sorry for the late answer. Unfortunately we could not reproduce the issue you described with the RFSG and the RFSA.

If it still persists, I would start with reinstalling all the drivers for the devices maybe that would elliminiate the error message. Besides this, I would investigate the examples related to these devices in the Example Finder to see if some of the behaviours can be reproduced even with those. This would also help further troubleshooting, especially if some more informative error message popped out.

If you need further assistance, please contact our local technical support team at techsupport@ni.com. I am sure they will be glad to help you.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,653 Views)

Hi Martin,

just want to check if you manage to implement 5671 and 5661 in your PXI system?

are the RF cables connected properly? how about the software drivers: RFSG (5671), FGEN (5441), RFSA (5661)?

also, the configuration in NI MAX?

NI 5661— You must associate the NI 5600 downconverter module with the NI 5142 digitizer module

NI 5671 - Associating the RF Upconverter 5610 with the AWG Module 5441

attached are the proper cable connections between modules.

Regards,

James

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,399 Views)