Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish to maintain the 'sampling frequency to signal frequency ratio' a constant.

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to generate sine waves of varying frequencies, say, from 1 Hz to 1 kHz. Sometimes, a frequency swept sine wave. The problem is I wish to maintain the 'sampling frequency to signal frequency ratio' a constant. That means, the sampling frequency should be 20 or 30 times the signal frequency. This has to be done automatically. For example,  for a sweep of 1-10 Hz, if the desired sampling frequency is 30 Hz at the beginning, it should be automatically updated to 300 Hz as the signal frequency reaches 100 Hz. Can some one suggest a possible solution ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,478 Views)

What hardware? What software? What have you tried?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,473 Views)

Thanks for the queries. I am using daq card USB-6221 and Labview. Used analog out put  with function generator, sine wave and sine pattern VI. I am successful to generate sine waves using the 6221 card, which will trigger an electro-optic modulator. 

But the problem is that sampling frequency remains fixed throughout the entire band width. 

I am not an experienced labview programmer. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,459 Views)

I would suggest you look at the LabVIEW examples. Example finder>>Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Voltage>>Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk-Variable Rate.vi.

Hope this helps.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,452 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kumban

The Basic Function Generator function has an input called 'sampling info'. This is a cluster and one of the elements is number of samples. You simply have to set this based on your frequency.

I would strongly suggest you take the LabVIEW 101 course.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,433 Views)

Thank you Knutson. The scheme works excellent !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,385 Views)