Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am able to generate a signal with the MAX test panel. I am unable to generate a signal using the iviFgen.fp example or my software. I assume I have configured the Driver Sessions incorrectly.

Solved!
Go to solution

I would check that you are following the steps outlined in the this tutorial- http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3377/en/. Be sure that you have associated the correct Driver Session associated with the Logical Name for your 5402. Also be sure to save the IVI configuration after making changes.

I also noticed that you have NI-FGEN Configuration and Development Support 14.0, but Runtime 15.0. This could be causing issues with using the 5402 through IVI with LabWindows/CVI. I would reinstall NI-FGEN 15.0 and ensure that the Configuration and Development Support are updated to 15.0 so that all three parts of the driver are 15.0.

Hope that helps,

-Eric H

Eric H.
Senior Field Applications Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,663 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Dennis_Knutson

It turns out that the line of code that initiates generation is missing from the IviFgen example code. To resolve this, please add the following line of code after the IviFgen_ConfigureStandardWaveform function:

/* Initiate output from the Function Generator */
checkErr(IviFgen_InitiateGeneration (instrumentHandle));

Mena S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,635 Views)

Nice find, Mena! herbfes, you should set Mena's post as the solution.

Eric H.
Senior Field Applications Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(2,625 Views)