From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am able to generate a signal with the MAX test panel. I am unable to generate a signal using the iviFgen.fp example or my software. I assume I have configured the Driver Sessions incorrectly.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have attached screen shots which capture the "Devices and Interfaces", " Logical Names" and "Driver Session"

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(6,440 Views)

I am using LabWindows CVI 2013, Chassis PXIe-1085, and a PXI-5402 Function Generator.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(6,437 Views)

Hi herbfes,

Are you getting an specific error when you try to generate the signal using the example? Is the problem related to the Attribute ID?After looking at your pictures I did not noticed something wrong on the configuration side, can you also please tell us which is the NI FGEN driver version that you have on your computer and the OS of your system?

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,418 Views)

Windows 7.0 Professional

No error mesage is generated.

NI-FGEN

Configuration Support 14.0

Development Support 14.0

Runtime 15.0

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(6,415 Views)

Can you please give us some more details on what you are doing on the LabWindows/CVI side? Are you able to at least open the example? Is the problem when you hit run? What is the behavior that you are experiencing?

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,405 Views)

Yes the example and my software builds and runs without error.  I am monitoring the Function Generator output with an oscilloscope.  There is not a signal on the output.  If I use the NI MAX test panel I can see the output on the scope.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,402 Views)

Have you also tried using the NI FGEN sample codes for LabWindows/CVI ? If you do that are you able to get the signal correctly?

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(6,394 Views)

I can do that but I am trying to write my code in IVI so other devices can be used.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,389 Views)

Hi herbfes,

Can you check the General tab (same tab group as the one shown in the two screenshots you posted) and make sure that Simulation is turned off (select "Don't Simulate" in the drop-down menu)?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,334 Views)