Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export a marker from PXI 5412 to trigger another digitizer?

Hi,

I am generating a pulse signal with PXI 5412 and I'm willing to send a trigger from PFI 0 line on the front panel, then use this signal to trigger a digitizer in another computer for data acquisition. Seems I need to generate a marker event then export this marker event to PFI 0 line, but I don't know how to generate this marker event... I attached my VI here, if anyone has some suggestions that will be great... Thanks in advance!!!

cbing

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,365 Views)

cbing8859,

Thanks for the post. You are correct that what you need is to create and export a marker. During configuration of the FGEN settings, you can use a property node to specify Active Channel, Marker Position, Marker Event Output Terminal, and Marker Even Output Behavior. Please refer to the shipping examples, specifically Help >> Find Examples >> Harware Input and Output >> Modular Instruments >> NI-FGEN >> Arbitrary Waveform Generation >> Fgen Arb Waveform Marker.vi

Post back if you have any questions regarding the example.

Mark B.

Applications/Systems/Test
National Instruments | AWR Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,358 Views)

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. Actually I solved the problem last night through NI tech support. I checked the example you provided, the thing is in that example the output mode is Arbitrary Waveform, in my case, however, I use arbitrary sequence in order to send a pusle signal. The question at that time is whether I can send out a marker under arbitrary sequence mode. The NI tech offer me the Fgen Adv Arb Sequence.vi which can set a marker position and generate a marker for the output event, so I finally solve the problem. Pretty excited though. 

Again, thanks for posting solutions for my question, I appreciate it!

cbing

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,355 Views)