Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert the .lib file with VI for LabView to the CVI format?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have the .lib file for my lock in amplifier. The lib file is written for labView and already contains visual interface (like ActiveX ). The point is that I need this file for programming in CVI (8.5). How can I convert .lib from LabView to CVI?

Thank you .

Denis. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,082 Views)
You should not need to convert anything.  You will want to add the .lib and .h files to your CVI project.  Also, if you have a .dll file with the same name, you will want to make sure that it's in the same directory as the .lib file.  The .lib file employs either static linking or dynamic linking.  If there is a dll with the same name, then it's dynamic linking. 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,062 Views)

The thing is that the only thing I have is the .lib file with the ReadMe.txt:

".....The file SR72XXLV8.zip is a WinZip file conataining a LabVIEW 8.2 library file,
SR72XXLV8.llb, containing VI's to access virtually all of the instrument's
controls and outputs......"

When I insert the lib file into the CVI, it can do nothing with it. When I try to open it, the "Cannot open binary files as text files" message appears.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,045 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DenisGl

You said you had a .lib file and in fact you have an llb file. There is a huge difference between an 'i' (eye) and an 'l' (ell).

There is a LabVIEW Instrument Driver Export Wizard but it is only for newer project style drivers and you would need LabVIEW. There is no other way to convert from a LabVIEW driver to a CVI driver. If the LabVIEW driver is using ActiveX properties and methods, you will have to write the same thing in CVI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,041 Views)

Thank you for your help.

It's indeed .LLD file.  I'll try to do something with it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,033 Views)