From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate analogue signals?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I am trying to generate analogue signals to simulate valve position. I also want to simulate 0-5V valve position (analogue signal).  I have implemented digital valve position using toggle switches but I would like to implement the analogue signals.

Please help out.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,739 Views)
Could you provide the hardware you have? Is it actually one of the signal gnerator products or one of the data acquisition boards? Could you also provide the software you are using? A 'valve position' analog signal is also something else that you could provide some details on.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,733 Views)

Thanks for your response. I am not using any hardware for now. I am required to use LabVIEW to simulate the signals first. The transducer used to measure the valve position has a range of 0-5V and I would like to simulate the signal.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,730 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author maxidivine

You could just use a random number generator.

Random Number.PNG

Since you have no NI Signal Generator hardware, I'm not sure why you are posting to this board. You have generic LabVIEW questions. Post to that board.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,712 Views)
Thanks a lot for the tip. I am grateful.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,700 Views)
I want to extract the signal using a DAQ 6009. but I need a random signal with frequencies up to 2000 hz. Is it possible?? I have the PSD curve predefined
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,195 Views)
You want to generate 2kHz signals with the 6009? If so, no you can't do that. Look at the specs.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,185 Views)