Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the CLK OUT using PLL on NI PXI-6652?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am try to get the CLK OUT using the source CLK from internal either DDS or PXI_CLK10_IN and PLL to the required frequency. In other words I want the CLK OUT coming from the NI PXI-6652 to be PLL to required frequency.

Ashok

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,701 Views)

Hi Ashok,

What frequency are you trying to PLL to?  Do you have a second signal which you want to PLL your CLK OUT with?  If you generate the DDS Clock on board then it will be generated at your chosen frequency, and PXI_CLK10_IN is a 10MHz chassis controlled signal you can override with the 6652 card. 

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,685 Views)

I am trying to PLL 8.192 MHz clock. Yes, I have generated the clock from DDS at chosen frequency. But instead of routing to CLK OUT can I route to PXI_CLK10_IN?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,669 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Solanki

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no direct route in hardware to get the DDS clock to PXI_CLK10_IN.  Typically, PLL is used for external signals which are out of phase with the system, and not for internally generated signals.  Coming from the 665X User Manual online, here is a functional overview of the board:

6653.PNG

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,665 Views)

I agree that just confirming. So I decided to route the generated DDS clock at chosen frequency to CLK OUT.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,663 Views)