Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1074135024 (Specified file cannot be opened) loading binary file to NI PXIe-5451

Ok, I tried deleting that ini file.  As far as I can tell it looks correct, and deleting it and restarting the controller results in a file that looks the same.  It's attached.

I force reinstalled PXI platform services and MAX on my computer, and I reinstalled platform services on the controller.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,546 Views)

I am trying to load waveform files from my computer onto the controller.  Am I supposed to transfer the files separately to the controller first?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,545 Views)

Sorry, load from the computer onto the function generator.  I don't have the files saved on the controller.  If that's what I am supposed to do, how do I reference files saved on the controller in Labview?  It doesn't seem like that's how the examples work.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,544 Views)

Sorry, load from the computer onto the function generator.  I don't have the files saved on the controller.  If that's what I am supposed to do, how do I reference files saved on the controller in Labview?  It doesn't seem like that's how the examples work.

Most NI-FGEN customers are running Windows on a PXI controller and run their LabVIEW programs there. This is probably the source of confusion. It appears from your wording, even though you aren't being explicit about it, that you are running LabVIEW RT on a PXI controller (a.k.a. the target), and then writing your code from a Windows PC (a.k.a. the host). Please confirm.

When you run a VI you wrote on the host, it gets compiled, then deployed to the target. The code is then executed on the target. If you are doing file I/O in your program, then the files need to exist on the system that is doing file I/O. In the case of NI-FGEN's "from file" functions, the file paths must refer to files on the local file system. In order to copy those files to the local system, you can use FTP.

This would also explain why the Soft Front Panels do not find the devices: they only work with devices on the local system. Soft Front Panels do not support devices on remote systems.

Hope this helps.
Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(2,540 Views)

Ok, then I am indeed using the examples incorrectly.  I thought that the point of the vi was to move files to the remote system.  It looks like I can find the files through Labview code after moving them to the controller's hard drive.

MAX is still broken, but it sounds like it is pretty useless for this setup anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,538 Views)

I thought that the point of the vi was to move files to the remote system.

The point is to deploy compiled LabVIEW code, not to copy files. To make future support easier, be sure to very explicitly mention the fact that you are using LabVIEW RealTime.

MAX is still broken

Broken how? Maybe we can help you with that as well. If what you mean is: The Soft Front Panel running on the Windows system does not control the device on the remote RT system, then you are right: this is a limitation of our Soft Front Panels.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(2,533 Views)

I did mention above that I'm running this in a PXI chassis with a PXIe-8840 controller.  If that's not clear enough, it's because I didn't realize that I have another option for how I control this system.

MAX is still behaving as I described above.  The settings pages for the chassis and for every card in the chassis display the error: "NI MAX has experienced an internal error and cannot load the page."  The controller gives a blank page.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(2,529 Views)