Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIGITAL SIGNAL GENERATION

Hi!

I want to generate a digital signal (0-5V) in order to turn on and off an hydraulic pump. The time on (high) and time off (low) are specified by a MatLab code, so that once the pulse has finished one cycle, the program should be go again to MatLab code and take two times again. Then it should generate the signal again.

Thank you for the help.

Miguel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,598 Views)

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the post.  I'm a bit confused as to what you're trying to do.  Are you trying to output period of a waveform of 0 V and 5 V in your third party code, and then repeat the process twice?  It seems like a simple application that you would be able to find many related examples for in www.ni.com/examples.  I'd recommend doing a basic search there for your application, and using one of those examples as a template.

Andy G
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,574 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

I have a system with an hydraulic pump, power supply, transistor and computer. I would like to send a digital pulse from my computer (0-5V) to the transistor. The transistor then closes a circuit (power supply and pump), and the pump starts running.

Then, I would like that each sample (each pulse) has specific width (time on), and also specific time off before it starts with other sample. These times (time on and time off) are computed by a MatLab code.

I'm working with DAQmx drivers and I also have a BNC 2110.

I also attach my code in Labview that I am trying to modify.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Miguel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,565 Views)

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for clarifying, and sending the VI.  I believe you'd want to work with a digital start trigger, and then continously output digital waveform data until you reach a certain point.  The following community example provides this functionality.  It also allows you to specify a specific duty cycle, meaning you could specify a specific time-on width.

Counter - Continous Output

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-25157'

If you would like to use a Matchsript node to acquire data, the following article gives an introduction to data acquisition with Mathscript

Using the MathScript Node to Acquire Data in LabVIEW

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F65D9ADF86FF1724862572D7005AA4A1

Andy G
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,551 Views)

Thanks a lot for the information Andy.

I'am gonna check the example that you provided me. It seems that it can work for my system.

If I get the code, I am gonna upload it and may be can serve as example for other people!

Thanks again.

Regards,

Miguel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,548 Views)

Great, glad to be of assistance, thanks Miguel!

Andy G
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,537 Views)