Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constellation plot

Heloo

My question is can i plot constellation plot in graph or XY graph of Labview without using modualtion toolkit "Constellation plot" or any other took kit.  i am using labview 8.5 evaluation version.Also asnswer how can i.

Regards

Madd
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(11,697 Views)

Hi madd,

You can create something similar to a constellation plot by wiring your data into an XY Graph or Waveform Graph or Chart. Then right click on the graph or chart and select Properties. Go to the Plots tab and change the line type to None.

Regards,

Hillary E
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(11,690 Views)
Hi Madd,

Modulation Toolkit has two different types of visualization: 1) IQ Graph which is simply the XY representation of the In Phase and Quadrature Phase samples. This can be acomplish as follows:

2) Constellation Plot has two plots in the same graph: the symbols (points) and the transitions. Therefore it knows the timing of the baseband data.

Message Edited by Yardov on 02-16-2008 10:02 AM
Gerardo O.
RF SW Engineering R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(11,678 Views)

Hello

I am trying to make a program for 8 PSK Modulation but not able to make it. Can you please help me with the program for 8 PSK modulation.

Harsh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,751 Views)

Hi Harsh,

You are going to want to use the Modulation Toolkit. This is not strictly necessary, you can always develop the modulation on your own, but it makes it much easier. You may already have the Modulation Toolkit on your computer, it comes with the RF Device Drivers.

You may also have more luck posting in the RF Measurement Devices Forum.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,739 Views)

And if you want to know what VI you should use for PSK, MT Modulate PSK and MT Demodulate PSK will help.

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,738 Views)