Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5411 arb card seems to hang on niFgen = niFgen_CreataArbWaveform() call; Upgraded PCI Chassis from Win2K to XP

Actually it just the LabView app that we use to calculate 6703 offset and gain calibration data that I don't have the source code to.  The app that runs our full-up PCI chassis and is driving the Arb Cards is all in C/C++ and I have all that source and I wrote all of that.  I agree that there is some missing or changed element to the Arb Card API that my code had used that has changed somehow. 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(3,120 Views)

Correction on running Soft Front Panel and loading Arbitraty wf files.  I had only loaded lvm files and they worked, I just now tried loading the two *.bin files and they both locked up the Front Panel App.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(3,118 Views)

I doubt the file format is the issue here. I'd be more concerned on the number of samples. My guess is that the 5411 driver doesn't use DMA for waveforms that are less than 1024 samples and it does for larger waveforms. And a combination of the 5411 hardware, your system, and Windows XP made DMA not work. If you can verify the waveform size issue by running modified LabVIEW examples or something like that, that would be great info.

The next step would be, unfortunately, to try the board out on a different slot, perhaps even directly on the PC itself.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(3,114 Views)

I did try loading different waveform sizes as I stated earlier.  Any size from minimum of 256 to 768 load with no issue, if I go up to 1023 sometimes even that fails.  A size of 1024 always fails.  Are there any documented bug reports with DMA not working with 5411 and NI-FGEN 2.9?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(3,111 Views)

Hi MKrause,

I heard from one of our other engineers that you called in and have a service request open now. I will do what I can to help him resolve  your issue on that end. 

Regards,

Travis Ann

Customer Education Product Marketing Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(3,088 Views)