Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform sampling

Solved!
Go to solution

I am reading a sine wave using a DAQ with a sampling frequency of 250Hz. Once I acquire the signal, I get the Y component of the signal and multiply it with a factor inside a matlab script. I use the build waveform function to get the waeform back and display it. If I set the dt component of my build waveform function to 0.01, does that mean that the signal is being resampled at 100Hz ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,831 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author navinavi

@navinavi wrote:

If I set the dt component of my build waveform function to 0.01, does that mean that the signal is being resampled at 100Hz ? 

Not exactly.  You are just lying to the display giving it something that was sampled at 250Hz and claiming it was sampled at 100Hz.  If you do any filtering on it or anything in the frequency domain, everything will be way off.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(4,826 Views)

Thanks! Do you happen to know the difference between Resample waveform (continous) and Resample Waveform (Single shot) and Resample Waveform (constant to constant)? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,816 Views)

hello sir.

i am very interested to learn this stuff and started doing some simple programs..

Now, im stack in making three waveform graphs, sine, square, triangular wave. i used the combo box for the choices of the three waves and connected to a case structure. But its not working, an error message said that its not connected.

Can you help me to have some samples of using the combo box with case structure?

Thank you

ai

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,755 Views)
Please don't hijack this thread for your unrelated question. Start a new one and attach what you have written.
Message 5 of 5
(4,731 Views)