Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voice pattern

I have problems with acquiring voice patterns through Labview. I've did almost everything from FFT, integration, amplitude measurement, frequency measurement, but with no progress in finding the signature of the signal input.

Can anyone help? or suggest how I go about doing it?
I am trying to do an easier/ less complex voice recognition than DragonFly and Microsoft Voice recognition program.

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,545 Views)
I would like to assist you; however, I really need some additional information -

1) What hardware are you using (DAQ, SCXI,...)?
2) What is your current sample rate?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,545 Views)
I am using direct connection from the microphone.
And hence, i would say i am getting the signal directly from the soundcard.

And I have yet determined the sample rate. If it's possible at all, would you recommend something?

Thanks alot!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,545 Views)
I would suggest a sampling rate of at least 20 times the highest vocal frequency of interest. With this type of resolution, you could actually use pattern recognition as well as frequency analysis.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,545 Views)
i am actually using direct connection from the microphone port as the signal receiver.

Hence, I have no clue whatsoever how to use the sampling rate.

Can you give any better suggestions?
I have the data available for me. But the difficulties i have is to process the data. And that is the help i needed most. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,545 Views)
Generally, windows sound devices can record at one of the following settings: 8000, 11025,22050,44100 Hz. This value is generally set in the sound properties of the sound card. You can then save your input as a wave file (*.wav). LabVIEW FDS comes with a set of sound VIs that can process a wave file and save it in ASCII format for analysis. It is essential that you know the acquisition rate in order to perform frequency analysis. If you use the Sound VI Tools, you can "interogate" the *.wav file and determine the sampling rate of the sound track.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,545 Views)
i am sorry to be such an ignorant fellow.
i am very new at this, and I am not sure what to do after I've got the sampling rate
the part where you said I could find the pattern and frequency. could you help by explaining further?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,545 Views)