Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using SCXI without NI DAQ

Hi Guys,

i have a pretty urgent requst from our customer for a SCXI system. The system is should work as a stand-alone multichannel amplifier (without a NI DAQ card that controls the SCXI chassis). I think this is possible for some SCXI module (like SCXI-1120). As i'm reading the manual ->the  SCXI-1120 module can output directly the amplified signals to it's rear connector. The user can also adjust manually the gain settings with jumpers. So practically we're bypassing the need of a DAQ card and software. Can somebody verify this?

Thank you,

Pencho

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,869 Views)

Hi Pencho,

We do not have 1120 device, to test it. From documentation it should be possible to use 1120 as standalone.

Consider that   the signals you will be measuring are raw, and will most likely have a some amount of error introduced from the amplifiers on the SCXI-1120. The error introduced by the SCXI-1120 is automatically corrected/compensated for by the NI-DAQ driver when it is acquired by the connected DAQ board because calibration data for each channel is stored on the SCXI-1120 and read back in software. Find more info at 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Signal-Conditioning/Using-SCXI-1125-as-Standalone-Amplifier/td-p/265719 Using SCXI-1125 as Standalone Amplifier

Regards,

Andrej

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,832 Views)