Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scxi configuration

i have scxi 1520 2 modules and Scxi 1102 2 modules. i would like to acquire Scxi 1520 at 10 Kilo samples /channel simunthaneously using using 2 modules using 32 channel Daq card using parell mode . and simunthaneously acquire from Scxi-1102 at 1 kilo samples/Sec per channel simunthaneously in a multiplixed mode using another Daq card.

is it possible to realise this operation and if not why it is not possible.

any way this config uration can be acheived.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,272 Views)
Suresh,

Please refer to the following Knowledge Base article for more information on this subject.

Can I Use SCXI Modules in Parallel Mode and Multiplexed Mode in the Same Chassis?
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/C94797073B74E51E86256A93005CABFF?OpenDocument

You will find that each module in parallel mode must be connected to it's own DAQ card and that if one module is in multiplexed mode than all non-parallel mode modules must be multiplexed to the same card.

What this means is that if you have one SCXI-1520 in parallel mode cabled to it's own DAQ card, then all other modules either need to be all parallel or all multiplexed through one DAQ card.

Regards,
Justin Britten

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,272 Views)
Can i acquire the channels from Scxi-1520 and Scxi-1102 Channels with different Sampling Rate wrt to the above context.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,272 Views)
Suresh,

Well, you could not configure a different scan rate if channels from both modules are in your scan list and/or DAQ task.

What I mean is that you would have to use two instances of AI Config, AI Start, AI Read, and AI Clear. You would be configuring one task for the SCXI-1520 and one task for the SCXI-1102 so that each could be configured for a different sampling rate.

Regards,
Justin Britten
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,271 Views)