From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ribbon cable on R6868?

Does anyone know what type of cable is used with NI part R6868 a ribbon cable terminated on both ends with 68 pin connector? I'm trying to figure out if the spacing of wire is 0.05 or 0.025". More specifically, I need to convert the 68pin termination into something that has wire-wraps, an IDC most likely. Anyone know if the ribbon cable used on part R6868 is compatible with crimpining in a standard IDC 0.05" spacing receptacle? thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,115 Views)
Greetings,

The KnowledgeBase linked below indicates that the R6868 ribbon cable is manufactured by 3M and that its datasheet can be located on their website:

Electrical Characteristics of the R6868 Ribbon Cable

I think that the datasheet you are looking for is located HERE. It indicates 0.025" spacing.

Good luck with your application.

Spencer S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,115 Views)
thanks, spencer. that's the info i was looking for. in case any else is interested, all cable assemblies sold by NI are manufactured by Phoenix-Lamar. I am having them build a custom assembly for me...so in case you can't get what you want directly from NI, PHoenix-Lamar is a great way to go.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,115 Views)

Does anyone know where this info lives now?  The links above both appear dead.  I'm really just trying to find or make the R6868, but with one Male end and one Female end.  More specifically,... I really just need a panel-mount Male connector with either solder or IDC terminations.

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,139 Views)