Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reshape an array

i am using a reshape array vi in this app but cant seem to grap its workings. is the dimension input representative of the number of elements in 2 dimensional array or the number of dimensions? i dont seem to be getting any data thru it that makes sense. also the ai read vi only seems to be picking up data every second or so. thank you for the advice in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,881 Views)
rwarrender,

Regarding the Reshape Array VI, the value passed into the dimension size input is the size of that specific dimension. The more the Reshape Array VI is expanded to display more dimension size inputs, the more dimensions the resulting array will have. The best way to get information about that specific VI or any specific VI is through the Context Help inside of LabVIEW (Help > Show Context Help). If you place your mouse over the VI in your block diagram it will show a description in the Context Help and also have a link to additional more detailed information.

In terms of your VI and AI Read only picking up data every second or so, make sure you put waits inside your parallel loops. Currently all three of those loops are trying to run as fast as possi
ble so it is possible that one of them may be starving out your AI Read loop. If it all possible I would recommend trying to consolidate those loops into a single while loop.

Ames
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,881 Views)