Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reply to Bill(SCXI)

sir,
thank you very much for quick reply.But, unfortunately the problem is not yet solved.
I have made the CJC as built-in type , but still I could not get the proper result by running the test panel in MAX .This time I have attached an word-file describing in details about the configuration I made in MAX.
1.My card specification is PCI-6071E
2.chasis:SCXI-1001
3.module:SCXI-1102
4.Terminal Block:SCXI-1303

sorry due to some technical problem i could not attached the file .so, let me describe about the configuration in details
analog input cofiguration-
1.physical quantity:Deg.C.,range:0-100
snsor:k-thermocouple
device:Dev1_SC1_MD1:SCXI-1102
channel:0
CJC Source:built-in
2.device & interfaces
a)PCI-6071E(Device1)
properties:
AI:polarity
/range:-10.00v to +10.00v
mode:differential
AO:bipolar
acessory:none
OPC:disabled
b)SCXI:1001
module:SCXI 1102 has the following properties
general:
connected to:PCI 6071E
operating mode:multiplexed
channel:
channel:0
gain:100
acessory:SCXI-1303

thanking you
indrajit talukdar
IIT, Guwahati
Assam, India
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,752 Views)
Indrajit,

Your software configuration looks correct, so more than likely, this is a hardware issue. Your 6071E has two 68-pin connectors from its cable. You should only have one of the connectors connected to your SCXI-1102. The other connector should not be connected to your SCXI Chassis. If you were able to autodetect your SCXI-1102 then you probably have it connected properly.

The other issue may be that you do not have the thermocouple connected correctly. If you have a K-type thermocouple, then you shoul have a yellow lead and a read lead. The red lead is negative and the yellow lead is positive so ensure that you have them connected correctly. The other possibility is that your CJC sensor is not working properly. Follow the instructions in this KB a
nd ensure that your CJC sensor produces the correct voltage in a Test Panel:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/5CA3A774944DDBD8862564EB0060234B?OpenDocument

I hope this helps narrow down the problem.

Regards,
Bill B.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,752 Views)