Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Configuring different Scan Rates for Channels using AI Start.vi

I am using AI Config.vi connected to a AI Start.vi which sets up the Scan Rate at 100 samples/sec. The AI Read.vi is used to read data from 12 channels on a Analog Input connected to a SCXI Chassis. 11 of the channels are to be scanned at 100 samples/sec, but one channel needs the scan rate set at 10 times that of the others i.e. 1000 samples/sec. How do I do this using the AI Start.vi? Is it possible to do this by configuring only one channel's scan rate to be faster than the others but only configuring the hardware once at start-up? (see attached file main.jpg for more on vi setup).

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Saj.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,737 Views)
The board can only be configured for one scan rate per task ID. Apart from generating two task IDs and switching between them (very complicated and not highly recommended), the easiest soultion is to scan all the channels at 1000 samples/sec. For those channels you want to scan at the lower rate, you can either store every tenth point, or if you have sufficient processing speed, you can average every ten points and save that value.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,737 Views)