From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems facing during the parallel mode operation of scxi-1520

Hello Guys,
I am Preetam
Here i am trying with the Parallel Operation of SCXI-1520 and i am facing some problems regarding this.

I am using the SCXI-1000 Chassis,SCXI-1349, SCXI-1520, SCXI-1314 and PCI-6023E DAQ card.

I connected two 1.5V battories to SCXI-1314( Ch0 and Ch1) and connected it to SCXI-1520.

First I tried to configure SCXI-1520 in Multiplexed mode(Using SH-6868 cable and SCXI-1349 Connector). I set the properties of SCXI-1520(Gain as 1, Bridge Configuration as Full Bridge). When i acquired in multiplexed mode, it is showing the Voltage(battory Voltage) value as 1.5

Then i removed the SCXI-1349 and Connected the 50 pin Cable((50 pin female connector)to the back plane of SCXI-1520.
When i checked the Voltage at the Channel 0(Ch0+ and Ch0-), it is coming around 13V.

The properties set in the multiplexed mode, doesn't remain same if you disconnect the Chassis from DAQ card? If 1.5 V is coming in multiplexed mode, why it is not coming at the Channel 0 at the Backplane?

While i am connecting the siganls from Backplane to the DAQ device, are there any signals which siganls I should Connect to the DAQ card apart from Ch0 to Ch7?
How should i achieve this parallel mode operation?

Please let me know the complte colution in detail....
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,854 Views)
Hi Preetam,
I understand that you would like to configure your SCXI-1520 to run in parallel mode. The first step to correctly acquire data in parallel mode is to configure the device in the Measurement and Automation Explorer. The following knowledge base document outlines the procedure:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/cc4aa48bbff92ba586256522004eb7e3?OpenDocument

If this document doesn't assist you, then please let us know how you have both the hardware and software configured when using the SCXI-1520 in parallel mode.

Thanks for contacting NI,
Marcus G.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,854 Views)