Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

preventing false trigger in S series Device

I have a PXI 6133 and currently have a task set up to begin with an analog edge trigger, however the line experiences a fair bit of noise due to solenoid power lines. I know that some other devices are able to use the minimum pulse width option in the daqmx triggering property nodes, but as far as i can tell S series devices don't. Does anyone know of a work around for this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,306 Views)

Hi fchacon,

One approach may be to reduce the environment-induced noise in your system. The Field Wiring and Noise Guide and these Five Tips could be a good starting point for you. 

Another possible option is using an Analog Edge Reference Trigger that accounts for the noise in your system. This may allow you to set a trigger higher than the desired level, but incorporates the noise from our environment.

Briana P.
Licensing
Sr SW Engineering Manager | NI R&D
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,282 Views)

If you have a spare analog input (and have a low impedance source),  you can try a simple analog lowpass filter (RC) ....      but doing the cabling rigth and reduce EMI is always the best option

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,271 Views)