Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting the actual temperature data by using readymade labVIEW programm

we are using NI's hardware and software(LabVIEW 6i).We
are facing a problem while trying to measure temperature with thermocouple. We are not getting actual temperature data from our programm.There may be some error in the programm also,but we are not
getting the actual temperature data even by using the readymade programm for temperature measurement supplied with the LabVIEW software. Whether
the problem is due to using LabVIEW 6i in Windows XP.Please give us details information which may help us to correct the problem.We have
already visited NI's website but could not benefited much.Thus I kindly request you to help us by providing possible error suggestion.I have
also enclosed a co
py of our LabVIEW programm.Another question , what is the range of temperature that can be measured by 1303 terminal block?
We are using the following hardwares and softwares

1.SCXI-1001 chasis
2.SCXI-1102 module
3.SCXI-1303 terminal block
4. operating system :windows XP & windows98
5. LabVIEW 6i
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,755 Views)
Hello,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments!

In most cases, temperature measurements from thermocouples (TCs) becomes flawed from wrong connections to the terminal block or incorrect TC scaling.

I have a few questions.

1. What type of TCs are you using? (J,K,T,E...)
2. Are you sure that you have the positive and negatives connected correctly to the SCXI-1303 terminal block? (Red is always negative with TCs)
3. Have you tried creating a TC virtual channel in MAX rather than using the ready made VI?
4. Are you sure that the scaling of the Ready Made VI matches your TC type?
5. What types of values are you seeing for temperature? How far off are they?

Please let me know the answers to these questions and I can recommmend some thing
s to try. The temperature is only limited by the physical range of the TC, it is not limited by the SCXI-1303.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/B886ECA5994AA782862568650068FCEA?opendocument

Regards,
Bill B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,755 Views)