Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inpainting with wavelets (image processing)

Hello,

can any one tell me what the simplest method for inpainting using wavelet tranform?

thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,244 Views)

Could you please offer some more information on this process? I'd be happy to offer suggestions, but I don't know the specifics involed in inpainting.

Is using wavelet transform the best way to accomplish this?

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,197 Views)

thank you for your help Mike,

I have a damaged image and i would reapre it using wavelet transform in Matlab. I want to find a simple method for inpainting.

At the moment, I reflected a very simple method. It consists in the wavelet transformed  of damaged  picture, then I calculate the average of the 8 pixels around a damaged pixels,  in the approximation and details at all levels. I get a very good result with 10% of missing pixels but I have a problem with the edges of the image and also when I say 50% of the missing pixels. Now i work to ameliorate my algorithme.

are you understand my preoccupation?

Have any suggestions or méthode in this way for me?

have you any advice?

thank you

Ps:  sorry for my horrible "English".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,195 Views)

I'm not familiar with Wavelet transforms. But, maybe I could offer some suggestions if I see the context in which you're using the VI. Could you please post the VI you're working with?

In addition, I was a little confused by this part of your explanation:

I get a very good result with 10% of missing pixels but I have a problem with the edges of the image and also when I say 50% of the missing pixels. 

Could you please elaborate on the issue described above?

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,173 Views)