Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save my configuration in MAX

I configure my hardware in MAX and I close MAX.
when I restart my MAX, I must reconfigure all my hardware. so why my configuration is not saved
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,796 Views)
Your settings are probably changing and not being saved because the active configuration file that is being used is just not saving those settings that you are changing. By default these settings are stored (and thus loaded from) the file niconfig.daq that is located in the C:\WINDOWS\ directory (or \WINNT\ for WinNT or 2000). In order to force these changes to be kept and for MAX to load the right file we can go through the following steps:

1. Open Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)
2. Set the settings you want
3. In the top menu bar, go to Tools >> NI-DAQ Configuration >> Save Configuration As
4. Save the file under a new name (generally the C:\WINDOWS directory is a good place but it can be anywhere)
5. Now go back to the menu bar and go to Tools >> NI-DA
Q Configuration >> Set Active Configuration
6. Select the file you just saved. This will make it the default configuration file that MAX loads when it starts.
7. Restart MAX to verify that the changes are still there.

Note: For NI-DAQ v7 and MAX v3.0, the menu options/paths will be slightly different since there is both Traditional NI-DAQ and DAQmx.

This should correct the problem and allow you to keep the settings you want every time MAX starts. This is also a good way to save and load different settings if you ever want to change them but keep a copy of your old, "working" settings.

If this does not correct the issue, then it is possible that you are trying to make a setting that is either not supported by your hardware or is set by a jumper in the hardware to be a certain setting (this can happen with some SCXI modules). Refer to your hardware manuals to check on this.

Regards,
Michael
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,796 Views)