From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help for signal conditioning censor acs712 for PLC 10vdc any modul signal conditioning???

help me.. my current censor acs712 i need signal conditioning for input to PLC 10v anyone can help me?? how can i use? should i use op-amp? can teach me type of op-amp and how many resistor and capasistor? 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,877 Views)

Hi,

I can try to help here though we do not directly make PLC's.  The datasheet I found for the ACS712 is here:

file:///C:/Users/astegema/Downloads/ACS712-Datasheet.pdf

From this I can see that this sensor takes the input current and converts it to a proportional voltage output.  If the input range of your PLC is 10 Vdc then you may not be making full use of the analog-to-digital converter and would want to amplify the output signal (if in the case it is outputting in the milli-Volt range).  You can apply an op amp in the "voltage follower" topology here to get an amplification of the signal.  There are various schematics for this that can be found online and it should detail all of the necessary resistors, etc.  If you look, you will likely find the entire solution on an IC so it would just be a matter of supplying power to the chip.

Adam
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,843 Views)

The sensor has a span of 2V  (1.5V to 3.5V) and a bias of Vcc/2  = 2.5V

For 0-10V you need a gain of 5

An OP (assumed supply voltage 24V 🙂 ) that can go down to zero (so look for a Rail to rail output)

Here is a quickshot , not full span*, but you would need a calibration anyway... but uses E-series resistors 🙂

green plot the V2 (input) voltage, blue the output

*) sell it as a feature : Out of range can be detected 😄

But you should think about a differential input and output ...  and if you do the design well, small variances of  the Vcc/2 are compensated 🙂

op simple.png

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 3 of 3
(2,837 Views)