Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

correct lab view set up for strain aquistion

Hello,

I am trying to set up strain aquistion for seven independent quarter bridge strain guages using cDAQ 9237 modules and the 9945 bridge completion accesory. However, I will not be able to receive the modules for one month. in the mean time I want to write the aquistion program using lab view 8.2.

I have used an example program for continuous aquistion as a baseline and simply added a task and the physical channels.  I don't have a way to test it. So, I was hoping a user with experience in this area could advise if the set up is fucitonal. currently, I am using virtual devices in order to imput tasks and channels.

thank you

A. Lopez
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,311 Views)
lopez,

Your code looks great as long it is what you want it to do.

Abhinav T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Abhinav T.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments India

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Getting Started with NI-DAQmx
Measurement Fundamentals
Message 2 of 5
(4,300 Views)

Hello

I need some guidance and suggestion for my work.

Firstly, I am pretty new with lab view and DAQ system. Somehow, I am studying the data avaialble at NI websites to understand LAB View, DAQ & Strain gauges and have couple of questions. 

I have a specimen which has to be tested for compression load. The specimen is installed with minimum 4 and may be 6 strain gauges.

I need to make a circuit to measure strain individually for these 6 different gauges and need to acquire the data using NI- DAQ max (PXI-1042) system.

I am kind a confuse to understand how many wheat stone bridge circuit do i need to have to measure strain from these 6 different gauges.

Will these circuit be quarterbridge or half bridge or fullbridge to measure strain at 6 different locations?

I will appreciate your input.

Please suggest.

Thanks 

Ankush 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,471 Views)

Hello Ankush,

That project was back in 2006.    I don't remember to much about it. Would need to start diging though notes.

I have a Compaque DAQ card set up, which is very easy to use with strain guages.  Lab view code also provides an option for selecting half or full bridge. I belive your type of strain guage will dictacte which you choose. 

you can contact me directly at alfonso.lopez@hexcel.com if you need to.

good luck.

A. Lopez
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,460 Views)

Hello Lopez.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I am still  trying to figure it out. i am thinking to make 4 quarter bridge for 4 strain gauges on a breadboard and connecting to Ni-DAq system. 

I may need your help for lab view program.  I would write you a mail. 

Thanks 

Ankush 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,449 Views)