From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i programmatically insert scxi modules?

can i programmatically insert scxi modules? because i often need to change my SCXI module,i want to insert scxi module in my program.now when i change the module,i must delete the old one and insert new.i want bypass the ni max and do this in my program.is it possible?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,038 Views)
Jitao,

You did not mention which development environment you are using, so I will tell you which VI to use in LabVIEW and which NI-DAQ function to call. In LabVIEW, you will want to use Set SCXI Information.vi. This VI is located in Functions >> Data Acquisition >> Calibration and Configuration. If you are using NI-DAQ function calls, you will want to use SCXI_Set_Config().

Good luck with your application.

Spencer S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,038 Views)
The function vis you mentioned,I used before.My program
language is LabVIEW6.1.Before I use AI Config.vi to configue hardware I use Set SCXI Information.vi(or SCXI_Set_Config()),when I run my application it returns
error -10080.Can you bring me some examples?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,038 Views)
Jitao,

I had a chance to experiment with Set SCXI Information.vi. If I didn't have a module configured in MAX that was both cabled to a DAQ device and controlling the chassis, I would also receive the -10080 error. If I did have this configured correctly, I could insert and remove SCXI modules from within LabVIEW without issue.

Spencer S.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,038 Views)