Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can MAX setup at-mio-16xe-50 with scxi-1000 and scxi-1202 ?

We have a AT-MIO-16XE-50 card and using SCXI-1000 chasis+ scxi-1202 to condition signal, but when we use MAX to config AT-MIO-16XE-50 accessories, ther is no scxi-1202 avaiable.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,295 Views)
Hello fwu,

Try taking a look at the SCXI quick start guide, located on our webpage at:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/323236b.pdf

Steps nine through eleven describe the specific addition and configuration of the chassis and its modules in Measurement and Automation Explorer.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this issue.

Scott Romine,
National Instruments
Scott Romine
Course Development Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,295 Views)
Hi Scott R,
Thanks for your help. The standard shipment not mentioned this document.
My hardware configuration is a PC+ AT-MIO-16XE-50+ SCXI-1000 chasis + SCXI-1102 Thermocople conditioning module+scx1-1303 terminal block+scxi-1180 feedthrough pannel. The ni-daq version is 6.9.3, labview ver 5.1.
I've managed to setup scxi-1000 and scxi-1102 with scxi-1303 accessory even though there are some slight difference. Scxi chassis ID is set to 1 and address is to 0 (same as default factory setting).
I used labview example "scxi-1102 thermocouple" to test the configuration, there is a time out error. But if change scxi address to 1, which is obvious different to the actual hardware setting, the time out error is gone, but the measured results is not right.
The channel I used is ob0!sc1!md1!0:3.
Any idea what is wrong ?

Best regards,
Fwu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,295 Views)
Fwu,

Does the current setup and configuration function properly in MAX? If so, then the problem is with the LabVIEW code. Otherwise, we should continue looking at the setup of your hardware.

When you change the SCXI address, what kind of measured results are you getting? Is it a flatline, noise, or an actual data signal?

Be sure that the settings that you select in the front panel in LabVIEW match the hardware configuration that you have set up in MAX and that those settings match your actual chassis configuration.

Double-check those settings and let me know what kind of results you get from the front panel.

Scott Romine
National Instruments
Scott Romine
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,295 Views)
There are hardware settings:
AT-MIO-16XE-50
System: Input/output range 0x100-0x11F
Interrupt Request 7
Direct Memory access 5
Direct Memory access not assigned
Direct Memory access not assigned

AI: Polarity/range: -10.0V-- +10.0V
Mode: differential

AO: polarity: Bipolar

Accessory: None

OPC AI recalibrate period: disabled

Remote access:

SCXi-1000 Chassis:
General Chassis type: SCXI-1000
Chassis ID: 1
Chassis address: 0 *
* I have tried 1 as well.

SCXI-1102: General
connected to: Device 1: AT-MIO-16XE-50
This device control the chassis is ticked

Channel: 0
accessory: SCXI-1303

The VI I used is the example in standard labview package and the results is a flat line.

I have also pluged this scxi-1102 module to our exist pxi system, use the sample program, I'm pretty sure the configuration is right, When I run VI, the config step is passed, there was a time out error when acquiring data. Do you think could be th faulty hardware ?

regards,

Frank Wu
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,295 Views)
Frank,

What were the results of running this configuration in Measurement and Automation Explorer? Were you getting the same flat line there as you are in LabVIEW?

Another possible problem could be that the 1303 is by default set up for SCXI 1100 modules. Be sure that you are using a 10 MOhm resistor for the pull-up and bias resistors. See Table 2 on page 7 of the 1303 Users Manual, found below to see the settings needed for the 1102:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/321923a.pdf

Check the resistor settings on the terminal block and try the setup in Measurement and Automation Explorer and let me know if there are still any problems.

Scott Romine
National Instruments
Scott Romine
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,295 Views)
The MAX were some kind of data in test panel for AT-MIO-16xe-50. And No test panel for scxi-1102 is available.

1303 default factory setting is ok for both 1100 and 1102.

I've used scxi application examples to test, 2 channels was used, one was -0.71 volt and another was -1.37 volt.

They were wrong.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,295 Views)
Frank,

In order to test the SCXI module in MAX, you should create a virtual channel for the device. The procedure for creating a virtual channel can be found here:

DAQ Channel Wizard Tutorial
http://www.ni.com/support/labview/toolkits/chanwiz/

When it prompts you to select a device, select your SCXI chassis and module. Once you create the virtual channel, you should be able to test it and see if MAX returns the same kind of values that you are seeing in LabVIEW.

The bias resistor network for your input channels should be changed from the default factory setting when used with the 1102. The 10 MOhm resistor network should be used with the 1102. The default settings used a 10 Ohm network. The larger r
esistor network should have shipped with your 1303 terminal block. Check on Table 1 of the manual for the 1303 to see which resistor network corresponds with the channels that you are using.

Regards,
Scott Romine
National Instruments
Scott Romine
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,295 Views)

The link is broken

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,070 Views)

I used labview example "scxi-1102 thermocouple" to test the configuration, there is a time out error. But if change scxi address to 1, which is obvious different to the actual hardware setting, the time out error is gone, but the measured results is not right.
The channel I used is ob0!sc1!md1!0:3.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,871 Views)