Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arduino USB data STFT

Worth noting that some of the Arduino-compatible boards are substantially more capable. My current favorite is a board called the Teensy: 2 ADCs (plus a multiplexer) with 500 kS/sec at ~13 bits usable resolution (16 bit nominal, but the 3 lowest bits are just noise), a bunch of hardware timers, PWM and analog outputs,  several UARTs/I2C/SPI/etc., USB-native communication, all for $20. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,717 Views)

Incidentally, i  ordered suggested board only, teensy 3.1, Let me have a try.

Hopefully it solves my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,715 Views)

Hi,

As you said the teensy seems to be quiet powerful but i could not able to make use of it because of my basic limited programming skills.

again i am facing the same problem with 4 channel analog read.

I should send the data in the form of packets so that the data can be read faster.

I found below link of openBCI, they are sending data in the form of packets each packet contains 32 bytes and transmitting 8 channel data.

http://docs.openbci.com/software/02-OpenBCI_Streaming_Data_Format

Could you enlighten me how to send data in the form of packets?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,618 Views)

You might consider looking into the LINX firmware for the Arduino; it's specifically designed for interfacing with LabView, including VI libraries for doing packetized communication and the like. LINX supports custom functions which run on the Arduino and can return an array of data to the computer, so you could write a custom function which did all of the sampling and then dumped an array with all the data to the computer for further processing. 

For help in writing the custom function you'd need, I'd suggest asking for advice on the LINX forums; you're more likely to find people who are familiar with that specific task. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,600 Views)

If it is direct data read from arduino over serial port, my job would have become much easier.

But i am trying to transmit multi sensor data over Bluetooth. 

For single channel data, i was able to transmit successfully. But for multi-channel data, it is quite difficult because of bandwidth limitation.

If I need more bandwidth, either I have to increase the baud rate or modify the arduino code in such a way that data to be transmitted in the form of packets.

I should try the linx.

Thank you for your advice.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,549 Views)