From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SCXI-1520 in Parallel Mode.

Hi all,
I am using SCXI-1000 chassis and PCI-1024E DAQ card.
I want to use my SCXI-1520 in Parallel mode.
Is there any other way to configure my 1520 in parallel mode other than directly connecting to DAQ board using SCXI-1180 feed through panel and SCXi-1302?
Some of my friends are telling that there are some Patch files, through which we can use the scxi-1520 in parallel mode. Is it true? If it is true please give me how use the Patch files( or alternative solutions).

Thanq

Regards

Preetam
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,994 Views)
Preetam,

As explained in the SCXI-1520 user manual, Traditional NI-DAQ does not support true parallel mode operation of the SCXI-1520. However, NI-DAQmx does. I would recommend installing NI-DAQ 7.2, which includes the latest version of both Traditional NI-DAQ and NI-DAQmx. Then you can use the NI-DAQmx driver to control your SCXI-1520 in parallel mode. To configure the SCXI-1520 in parallel mode with NI-DAQmx, simply select the Parallel Mode check box when setting up your chassis and modules in MAX. I hope this information helps.

SCXI-1520 User Manual
NI-DAQ 7.2 Download
Message 2 of 2
(2,994 Views)