From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-RLY08

Hello,

Please I am trying to control a Devantech USB-RLY08 with LabView.

So far going through the LabView Tools> Instrumentation> Find Instrument Drivers. Under Connected Instruments I am getting the message "no connected instruments detected" but my instrument is connected.

Please is it that this instrument is not supported by LabView or am I doing something wrong?

Will appreciate any advice even if it involves having to purchase another device thanks.

Femi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,383 Views)
I'm not sure why you posted to this board or why you are trying to find connected instruments. From what I could see, the connection will just appear as a com port. Automatic detection of serial instruments is not possible. If no one had written a LabVIEW driver and posted it on idnet, then you will have write it yourself with the VISA functions.

The appropriate board for serial instruments is a Instrument Control.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,377 Views)

Thanks.

Just realised my error. Sort of new to NI so just getting 'into it'. Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,372 Views)

I didn't see the question on other parts of the forum. Attached is the files that I devloped to interface with the USB RLY08.It includes a FGV and an example.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,130 Views)

Hi:

I used your code.

I got this error message.

can you let me know how to fix it?

I have COM19 for this device.

I know it is connected . It show up in device manager.

any drive do I need install ?

How to install

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,726 Views)