Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting a SCXI application

I need some help in troubleshooting an SCXI application. I have an older system where one of my inputs quit working. My system has a SCXI 1303 terminal block which has 16 T/C and 16 analog (4-20 ma) signals that sent to a SCXI 1102 module. From there they are multiplexed into a sigle DAQ channel on a PC-MIO-16E board. I'm using Brideview 2.1.1 on a Windows 2000 PC.

I want to look at the raw signal through the DAQ explorer to verify if my channel on the 1102 is okay. How do I see if I have my 4-20ma signal there? I tried using the test panels under a virtual channel but couldn't get anything. Maybe I have something configured wrong? And I know the test panels under the PC-MIO board won't work with the SCX modules. Appreciate
any suggestions.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,617 Views)
Actually, the Test Panel for the MIO board will work with SCXI. All you need to do is type the scxi channel call (ASCII format - ob0!sc(m)!md(n)!ch:ch ) in the channel reference field. You can look at mutiple channels on the SCXI bus and the Test Panel Utility will display all of the referenced channels using different colors. You will not be able to read a current signal; however, if you know the resistance of the sensor, you can calculate the current from the voltage reading.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,617 Views)