Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thrust Modulation for rockets

To whom it may concern,

I am currently flying rocket's to see the effect of thrust modulation by moving a steel puck up and down to control thrust.  This puck is moved up and down by a servo which is operated by a  a self contained PWM signal I made in labview.  I then turned this VI into a RT application for a myrio.  The PWM signal is controled through a self made PID which prior to that is made by comparing onboard accleration of an acclerometer with a Upon ddoing this i flew the rocket today but upon checking the onboard data on board after flight(I used ignal express)  all my files were zero. I was saving the PWM SIGNAL, system error, and onboard accleration.  

Obviously on a rocket flying up does not result in zero, so can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong, is the code wrong or am I saving wrong?  I've attached the following VI and below show's picture of the code I made.  Any help is greatly appriciated as rocket motor's aren't they cheap and I hope to fly tuesday.

pwm image1.pngpwm image2.pngpwnimage3.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,266 Views)

Does the application log data correctly when run in interactive mode?  Do you other Write to Measurement File VIs work as expected?

I also noticed that the top loop has no wait in it which may cause it to log repetitve data very quickly.  Can you add a wait or place the Write to Measurement Files into another one of the already existing loops?

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,245 Views)

The strain gauges I had saved, saved correctly half way then went to a back up file system, which is another issue i'm trying to peice together.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,242 Views)

I think it would be beneficial to reduce the number of files being generated and possibly simplify the writing process.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,226 Views)