From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spindle Error Motion Analysis with respect to each rotation

Hi,

The attached image is my test setup. It consists of a precision lapped ball connected to the spindle with minimal runout (<10um). Presently I am conducting experiments without any rotation reference since I am getting speed information through FFT of capacitive sensor data. I strongly believe that to get accurate measurements I 

need an angular encoder to get the capacitive sensor data points with respect to the angular encoder.

So, now if use 256PPR angular encoder and 256 capacitive sensor data points per revolution i.e. each data point corresponds to 1.4-degree angular resolution and 30 revolutions of data at a time..., how to configure the VI?

is there any ready made VI's are available in Noise and Vibration tool box? Right now, I don't have NV toolkit.

IMG_20170118_162227.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,519 Views)

Depending on the DAQ device you are using a 256 PPR sensor with A,B and Z output will give you 4 times the values.

Each falling and rising edge of A and B can give you a trigger 😉

Just make shure that you are still in your max samplerate

There are vis for such tasks in the sound & vib suite .. you can give it a 30 days try ... (if you or someone else already tried it, call NI to restart the test-periode)

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,476 Views)