Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor Current Consumption vs. 9218 Min. Output Current

Hi

we are looking for a DAQ-device to read the output voltage of the GEMS 2200 or 1200 series pressure transducer.

We chose the 9218 as the specifications and accuracy fits to our application and we can use the excitation voltage of 12V for the sensor.

The transducer's specification sheet mentions a current consumption of "approx. 6mA at 7.5V output" (btw, 7.5V output is only one of many alternatives of output voltages, we have 0...5V). The specs are not very detailed so I assume this 6mA to be the consumption in the excitation circuit.

The Excitation Output Current of the 9218 is "Min 46.5mA, Typ 50.5mA". Is this what the excitation source can deliver or will deliver?

(If the 6mA consumption of the transducer are in the output circuit, I assume it is not relevant what current is delivered by the 9218 to the transducer right?)

Thanks a lot and regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,874 Views)

Seems that you mixed up some specs 😉

Both, the sensors and the 9218 allow different configurations 🙂

Unless you choose the IEPE type of the 9218 that is not supported by the sensors , you can pick a type of DAQ or sensor and choose the appropriate counterpart 🙂

The type of sensor -> DAQ  information transfer (mv/V, mA,  V ) follow setup needs (cable length, EMI, other setups, available power supplies, lab or industrial floor, personal taste, ... )

Edit: Seems that you have choosen a 5V output. , so yes, you can calc with about 6mA per sensor, and feed max 48mA to two sensors...  shouldn't be a problem 🙂   however, as far as I can see you will need an external powersupply for the 12V.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,833 Views)