Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI-1600

Dear Mike Watts

Thank you for your continuous support and help.

Would you please help me to convert data record file from .lvm to .xlsx. Please find the two files attached herewith.

Regards

Palash Bhomwik

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,866 Views)

Hi Palash,

The .lvm files that you attached are already capable of opening with Microsoft Excel. The data is stored in a tab-delimited format, which allows Microsoft Excel to easily open and display the data to you. You may have to right-click on the file and choose to "Open With..." and select Microsoft Excel manually. Or, you can right-click on the file and select properties, which will allow you change the default program for opening files of type .lvm. 

Also, as I mentioned in my previous post, you can choose to log the data directly to "Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)" in the "Write to Measurement File" VI configuration window. This will store the data directly to .xlsx format, instead of .lvm.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

Mike Watts
Product Manager - Modular Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,860 Views)

Dear Mike Watts 

Thank you for your support and co-operation. For my purpose I want to record data when I need. But I am facing problem for this program that if I ON the Data Acquisition it log data after every certain eteration. Otherwise I have to turn-off the program. Can you guide me to log data in MS excel semilar to the attached MS Excel File: "Data Record Format" in a same file.

Yours Truly

Palash Kumar Bhowmik 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,846 Views)

Hi Palash,

Unfortunately, I do not think that I understand your explanation. Let me explain what I understood and maybe you can confirm or clarify my current understanding.

First, you run your VI with the "Write to Measurement File" Express VI disabled and then while the acquisition is running you press the Boolean control that enables the "Write to Measurement File" Express VI. The VI then acquires the data and logs the data to the Microsoft Excel file every loop iteration. If you press the same Boolean control again, are you saying that the VI still logs data to the file until you manually stop the VI?

Any clarification that you could provide would be very helpful. Also, if you have made any significant changes to your code, it would be helpful if you post a new copy of your VI.

Thanks! 

Regards,

Mike Watts
Product Manager - Modular Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(2,841 Views)