Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI 1102B outputs are railed

Greetings,

After an upgrade of PCs and a new 6363 DAQ card I re-configured the new system in MAX.  The voltage from the 1102B is at 10.6V.  I ensured that both the SCXI and the 6363 are set to differential and checked this setting from MAX in the origianl PC.  As far as I can tell all of the task settings and MAX settings are identical from the settings that were working on the old PC.  The only real change besides the PC upgrade is the new DAQ board which was recently re-calibrated from NI.  Finally all of the MAX settings are also identical to another configuration of a test stand that I just went through the same up grade with and is working fine.  I am stumped at this point as to why this configuration is railing.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,340 Views)

Hi teslac,

I would be interested to either rule out software or hardware issues to be the root cause.

1. Can you try using your SCXI 1102B in a different slot of your chassis. (Rule out slot failure)

2. Can you try using your SCXI 1102B in a chassis on a working system. (Rule software or compatibility issues with your new system)

What do you observe when you take these steps? Can you also post a screenshot of your NI MAX setup.

MJ
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,301 Views)

I finally found the problem which was a bad chassis.  When I had the chassis replaced my readings from the 1102 were then fine. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,284 Views)