From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCTL fpga

I just wanted to check  how it works with 40Mhz defualt clock in  a single cycle timed loop in labview fpga. I generated a sine wave in sctl which runs with 40Mhz SCTL. I took another SCTL which runs with 80Mhz clock n i upconverted signal by interpolating with factor 2. I just want to know that first loop each sample takes 25ns(40Mhz) and 2nd loop each sample takes 12.5ns(80Mhz). How can i do this?? I am attaching my FPGA target pic..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,576 Views)

That interpolating is likely going to take more than 1 clock cycle to happen, especially at the 80MHz.  You might be able to get away with some pipelining.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,573 Views)

Why it take mora than a clock cycle? we are adding samplles to signal and after filtering out depending on our pass band frequency..

Can u explain more??

Is decimation also takes more than one clock cycle ?? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,566 Views)