Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCADA System and trends

Systems concepts
SCADA is an acronym that stands for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition. SCADA refers to a system that collects data from various sensors at a factory, plant or in other remote locations and then sends this data to a central computer which then manages and controls the data.
SCADA is a term that is used broadly to portray control and management solutions in a wide range of industries. Some of the industries where SCADA is used are Water Management Systems, Electric Power, Traffic Signals, Mass Transit Systems, Environmental Control Systems, and Manufacturing Systems.
Trends in SCADA
There is a trend for PLC and HMI/SCADA software to be more "mix-and-match". In the mid 1990s, the typical DAQ I/O manufacturer supplied equipment that communicated using proprietary protocols over a suitable-distance carrier like RS-485. End users who invested in a particular vendor's hardware solution often found themselves restricted to a limited choice of equipment when requirements changed (e.g. system expansions or performance improvement). To mitigate such problems, open communication protocols such as IEC870-5-101/104 and DNP 3.0 (serial and over IP) became increasingly popular among SCADA equipment manufacturers and solution providers alike. Open architecture SCADA systems enabled users to mix-and-match products from different vendors to develop solutions that were better than those that could be achieved when restricted to a single vendor's product offering.
Towards the late 1990s, the shift towards open communications continued with individual I/O manufacturers as well, who adopted open message structures such as Modbus RTU and Modbus ASCII (originally both developed by Modicon) over RS-485. By 2000, most I/O makers offered completely open interfacing such as Modbus TCP over Ethernet and IP.
SCADA systems are coming in line with standard networking technologies. Ethernet and TCP/IP based protocols are replacing the older proprietary standards. Although certain characteristics of frame-based network communication technology (determinism, synchronization, protocol selection, environment suitability) have restricted the adoption of Ethernet in a few specialized applications, the vast majority of markets have accepted Ethernet networks for HMI/SCADA.
Signal Sensors IC special for SCADA System
SCADA to realize data acquisition,measurement,and other signal alarm functions,it have to collect pressure,temperature,humiditity,displacement sensors signal,isolated and convert.Based as described below:
Part No.:ISO4-20mA
ISO 4-20mA Current Loop Isolation Interface IC provides signal receive and transmittal on a single chip. The ceramic hermetic hybrid package contains an electromagnetic coupled converter and current modulate. The very low input equivalent impendence allows the input voltage up to a ultra-wide range,so that it is able to meet the requirements for no distortion in long-distance signal transmission under the circumstance of no outside connecting power. The internal ceramic PCB, printed impendence and new isolation technologies allow the IC for the 3KVAC insulated voltage and meets the industrial level for the extremely poor temperature, humidity and shaking conditions.
Download datasheet:
http://www.szsunyuan.com/sy/upload/200792941930845.pdf

Part No.:ISO4-20mA-F
ISO 4-20mA-F is 4-20mA Signal Dual Loop Isolation Distributor IC£¬it belongs to SUNYUAN¡¡ISO -20mA series. The IC contains an electromagnetic coupled converter and current modulate, and a high fficiency DC-DC circuit and so on. The IC supplies to loop distributor 16V~21.5V, and meets requirements for -20mA loop sensor signal measurement, transmission, isolation and so on.,it can save energy and prevent xploding.The IC output is designed according to Loop circuit power supply of 24VDC and resistance onnecting in series, it match to popular module input attachment board, PLC and DCS or the other equipment module input attachment. The internal ceramic PCB, printed impedance and new isolation technologies allow he IC for the 3KVAC insulated voltage and meets the industrial level for the extremely poor temperature, humidity and shaking conditions.
Download datasheet:
http://www.szsunyuan.com/sy/upload/200891951049737.pdf
Part No.:ISO4-20mA-P
Download datasheet:
http://www.szsunyuan.com/sy/upload/20077241074453.pdf

Part No.:ISO1003
Download datasheet:
http://www.szsunyuan.com/sy/upload/200841657497761.pdf

Part No.: ISO 4011(4-20mA to RS485/232)
Multirange,High Accuracy Analog Input,Data Acquisition Modules
ISO40xx series realizes sensor-to-host signal acquisition for testing analog signal or remote applications. Software-configurable for a wide variety of sensor types, including: analog input, analog output, and digital I/O,ISO40xx series are widely used in RS-232/485 automation control system,temperature signal testing,small signal testing, Monitoring & Control, remote data acquisition applications.
Download datasheet:
http://www.szsunyuan.com/sy/upload/20088641538125.pdf
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,635 Views)

my power supply is 24v.. can the ic supported it? and when i want to have 4-20ma output do i need extra instrument? or component...i dont see whether if i buy this thing ..this will works as xtr110 from texas instruments is such a failure and not precisely on its output..which my input signal is from ni daq...0-10vdc...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,717 Views)
You've not only posted to a very old thread but to one that I would consider spam. If you are actually using the above hardware, you need to ask the vendor as it would not be supported by NI.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,707 Views)

spam....? i try to make discussion in the same topic.....why u tried to said  this is a spam? instead i thinked that ur spamming....reply my comment without answering my question related to this thread...this thread is old. why not u delete it? shame on u

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,696 Views)
The last post and the one you are responding to is an ad and I would consider it spam and in violation of posting guidelines. Shame on you for not posting to the vendor's forum on how to use their hardware. This board is for NI signal conditioning hardware. If I had the authority to delete the post I would have. If I had seen the inappropriate posting 6 years ago, I would have reported it to the moderator. Abuse on your part will be cause for a report.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,679 Views)