From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to get all channel work

I am designing a system to read temperature using SCXI1000,SCXI1100,SCXI1303,type T Thermocouple, and Labview7. The problem is that I want to use 9 channels, but only one works ( channel 0)when doing a test on the channels using MAX. I am wondering why that happen. Is it a hardware problem, configuration etc....Please give me an idea what may happen.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,831 Views)
You do not have a hardware or software problem. When you use an SCXI chassis, all the channels are mutiplexed through channel 0 of your DAQ card. You will not be able to view any of the channels by merely referencing channel 0 using the Test Panel function.

You could use one of the SCXI-1100 example VIs that ship with LabVIEW, or, you could consider using Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) to create virtual channel names. This will serve several purposes:

1) It provides uniques names for each channel
2) It simplifies the channel call syntax during acquisition (you would use T0,T1,T2... instead of ob0!sc1!md1!0:8
3) It provides a means to output reduced temeprature data directly without writing a VI for data reduction
4) The temperature readings will alread
y be referenced to the cold junction on the 1303 module, and,
5) You will be able to use the channel viewer within MAX to view all of the temperature readings.

To create a virtual channel name, launch MAX. Under the Configuration tree (LHS window) RIGHT mouse click (RMC) on the Data Neighborhood entry and select >> Create New...

In the pop-up window, select Virtual Channel and press the finish button. Now follow the Channel Wizard prompts to create the virtual channel. Choose any name you like for this first channel. Once completed, you can go back to the Configuration tree, RMC on the channel name and select "Duplicate...". It will create muliple copies and assign them sequential names and assign them to sequential channels on the 1303 module. Once you have finished, you can view the channels using MAX. If you Select TEST on the top menu bar, a window will be launched that will allow you to view the reduced temperature readings.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,831 Views)