From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase difference

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'd like to plot phase difference between two signal(input-output), the method which I'm using currently, is taking "FFT" and (r-teta)....and subtracting the phases, but what I obtain isn't so desirable, Do you know anyother option or suggestion to make my results better?

I've attached the plot and marked them, one of the is "Output FFT- magnitiude vs. Frequency" as you see it's acceptable, but another which is "phase difference vs. freq" isn't so good.:(

Thanks

Petar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,997 Views)

This does not seem to be a Signal Conditioning issue. You would probably get more responses if you post in the LabVIEW Board.

We really cannot see the scales on the plots and, more importantly, we cannot see the actual data. Please save some typical data as default values and post your VI.

If either the input or output signal is very noisy, it may be difficult to define or measure a phase difference.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,991 Views)

Some code and data really would be helpful......

Take a look at the FRF examples.....

two points: 

use a phaseunwrap after calculating the difference AND

include a basic groupdelay for your (response) signal either in the time or frequency domain....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,959 Views)

As they said if you provide more information maybe we will be able to help you

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,948 Views)

Thanks for your replies, I've attached the acquired data..

(notepad file).1 column: Frequency......2nd column (FRF of output- magnitude)...........3rd column(FRF phase difference(output-input)).

In the figure: left column: input....FRF magnitude.................right column: output...phase frf....fft of output in every step.

thanks

Petar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,942 Views)

Can you gives the whole project. It says i have some SubVIs missing.

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,927 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Petar2015

here is a short play around with  phase unwrap a groupdelay of >1s ????

What and how are you measuring????

Can't open your code... still stick to an old version here

groupdelay.png

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,919 Views)

Thnaks so much indeed! It's exactely what I want!!! I'm so excited...

Would you please let me know how can I send the whole project? I tried "Save all" but its the same file again.

Thanks

Petar

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,910 Views)

You have to save the whole project in a .rar or .zip file. I will be waiting for the code.

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,907 Views)

when I save it as "rar", it can't be attached, I face an error

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,903 Views)