Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to measure strain using pci 6033 E card

I have a pci 6033 E DAq card which i am using to measure the displacement from a linear displacement sensor. i downoaded the program for continious strain measurement from the sample programs. The LVDT is vishay micromeasurements HS-100(S/no MG2459) supports full bridge. I coonected the wires green to CH0 -ve white to ch0 +ve andred to excitation +ve black to excitation negative. Inspite of checking rechecking and breaking my head over this for over 4 weeks and about 300 hrs, i am not able to get the current signal to be displayed on my VI. I think i am missing something, can any one gime some suggestions regarding how to get the current strain to be displayed"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,795 Views)
Mark has good questions/suggestions in the LabVIEW General. Make sure you have your system configured correctly in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX), and make sure you are using the SCXI channel string: Scx!mdy!z where
x = Chassis number
y = Module number
z = Channel on module.
instead of a simple channel number. To verify the readings of you signal use a test panel in MAX, and enter the channel string in the 'Channel' field. You should be able to verify the correct signal.

Let me know if you can get correct readings in MAX using the channel string.

Kevin R
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,795 Views)